Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Drag & Drop in Blender

So yesterday, I ran across this great looking theme (he calls it a Format) for Blender on Sensei Blender on You Tube. One aspect in particular just struck me as so brilliant I simply could not believe I hadn't seen it done before - by anyone! I wish I had thought of it. Best I can do now is just share it.

You know that animation timeline window down at the bottom of your screen? Handy if animating or running simulations, but otherwise, kinda wasted real estate, so I usually keep mine squeezed shut. But a better idea (borrowed from the Sensei Format) is to turn that window into a File Browser. It's easy, it's fast, and it means you can DRAG & DROP textures and models into the 3D Viewport or UV Image Editor.

I already don't know how I lived without it.



No comments:

Post a Comment